If you want to get information about NMMS Scholarship 2023, then you should read this article completely. We will provide you information about this scholarship scheme from beginning to end in this article. The full name of this scholarship is National Means Com-Merit Scholarship. This scholarship is a centrally sponsored scholarship. This scholarship has been started by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. As you know, scholarship plays an important role in the life of students.
If you also want to take advantage of this scholarship, then you have to apply for it. Friends, in this article, we will provide you information about the process of applying in NMMS Scholarship 2023, its purpose, benefits etc. So you should read this article till the end.
NMMS Scholarship 2023
The benefit of this scholarship will be given to the meritorious students of the economically weaker section. To promote education, a number of scholarship schemes are being run by the Government of India. The objective of NMMS Scholarship 2023 is to provide scholarships to meritorious students from economically weaker section to arrest their drop outs in class VIII and encourage them to continue studies at secondary level. Students from class 9th to 12th are given scholarship of Rs. 12,000 per year to the student under National Means Cum Merit Scholarship.
|Scheme||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Scholarship amount||Rs 12,000 / – per annum|
|Objective||Financial aid to students|
Objective of NMMS Scholarship 2023
The main purpose of any scholarship is to help the students financially. The objective of the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2023 is to encourage the meritorious students of the economically weaker section to arrest their drop outs in the eighth grade and continue studies at the secondary level. To provide scholarships. There are many students whose financial condition is very bad due to which they are unable to continue further studies. The amount received under this scholarship can be used by such students to continue their studies.
Benefits and features of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2023
- Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs 1000 per month is given to the selected students, ie Rs 12,000 financial aid is given every year.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme which was launched in May 2008.
- The beneficiary student must renew the scholarship till he completes class 12. The only condition is that the student gets clear promotion in the upper class every year.
- Under NMMS Scholarship, scholarship is allocated in each state and union on the basis of enrollment of students in classes 7 and 8 and their population in the respective states.
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship is disbursed directly by the State Bank of India to the bank accounts of the students on a quarterly basis.
- Under this scheme, about 1 lakh scholarships are disbursed to the students every year.
Eligibility Criteria for NMMS
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The benefit of this scholarship will be given to the meritorious students of the economically weaker section.
- Students studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya cannot apply for this scholarship.
- The annual income of the applicant student’s family should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000.
- Students studying in state government, government aided and local body schools can apply for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2023.
- Applicant must have minimum 60% marks in class 10 of the student.
- In order to continue the scholarship in class 12, the student should get clear promotion from class 11 in the first attempt with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. Students who belong to SC / ST class have been given 5% discount.
Selection process in NMMS
Under this scholarship, students are selected through an examination conducted by the governments of the states and Union Territories. This test consists of mental ability test and scholastic aptitude test whose guidelines are set by NCERT.
The applicant student has to complete this examination in a maximum time period of 90 minutes. Students with special qualifications are given extra time to complete the exam. You can see some details about the state level scholarship exam: –
|Mental ability test (MAT)||Under this, students’ reasoning ability and critical |
thinking Is checked. It consists of 90 multiple choice
questions.Most of the questions in these questions are
numerical There are series, analogy, classification, pattern
perception, hidden figures.
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||It consists of 90 multiple choice questions. Science of class 7 and 8,|
The subjects of social studies and mathematics are included in it.
- Adhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Caste Certificate
- Marksheet of class 7th and 8th
NMMS Scholarship Apply Online
If you also want to take advantage of this scholarship and you want to apply, then follow the steps given below :-
Step 1: First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: After coming to the National Scholarship Portal, you will have to create your login ID. For this, you have to click on New Registration.
स्टेप 3: A new page will open in front of you. After coming to this page, you have to give some information in this way which is as follows: –
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Name of Student
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Bank account details
- Identification Details
Step 4: After entering all the details, you get the username and password, you have to login with their help.
NSP Login Process
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- On the home page, you will see the option of login, click on it.
- The login form will be opened in front of you, login with the help of username and password.
- After login on this portal, you can easily apply for NMMS Scholarship 2023.
In this article, we have given you complete information about NMMS Scholarship . If you want to know more about National Means Com-Merit Scholarship, you can contact the helpline number given below:
- Helpline Number- 0120-6619540
- Email Id- email@example.com
Friends, in this article we have provided you complete information about NMMS Scholarship 2023. If you want to get more information about this scholarship scheme, then you can contact on the helpline number of the concerned department.